Tuesday 14 June 2016

Grid Value Portrait

WAL about value in art which is how light and dark something is.

Process;

We learnt about the artist Chuck Close whose pictures were made up of tiny squares.
First I took my pencil for a walk. Next I filled the space with patterns to show dark and light. If I put patterns far apart it looked light. If they were close it looked dark.
Next I had to learn how to enlarge. We practised enlarging a picture using squares.To make a picture bigger I had to make the squares bigger.
I had a photo of myself and I drew squares on it. Next I drew big squares on a big piece of paper.
I had to follow the squares to draw myself then I had to shade to show dark and light.

The tricky part was to draw different patterns.

My favourite part was when I could see my face coming.

No comments: